Waxing and shaving seem to be things of the past which can be too tedious and painful to do. People would choose something more useful and worth every penny. The use of Jacksonville Laser Hair Removal to get rid of annoying hair is now the best option most people would go. Today, we’ll focus on how it works and the things involved in this treatment such as the pros and cons to expect.
How does laser hair removal work?
This type of removal involves the application of light flashes that penetrate the surface layers of the skin. The melanin then absorbs it in the hair follicles. The increasing temperature creates a lesion on the root of the hair without causing damage to other tissues. This wound can help in ceasing the growth of the hair follicle.
Types of lasers used
There are different types of lasers for every kind of color and hair. It’s imperative to know what kind of laser suits your specific skin and hair type.
Ruby Laser – emits a wavelength of 695 nm and is mostly used on people with very light skin and light hair.
Alexandrite Laser – uses a wavelength of 755 nm and quite usable on various skin types. However, there is a higher risk for burns.
Diode Laser – some may consider it to be the most effective. It emits a wavelength of 810 nm and is suitable for fair to medium skin.
Neodymium YAG Laser – with a wavelength of 1064 nm, this is suitable for dark skin but requires more treatments for best results.
- It is a safe and efficient treatment.
- Both males and females can get benefits from this treatment.
- It applies to any point on the body that you want to treat.
- It helps in the prevention of ingrown hairs and folliculitis problems.
- It is painless.
- It does not cause cancer.
- Highly efficient for women with hormonal problems, as it helps to reduce excess hair caused by certain medications.
- No damage to the skin and sweat glands, leaving skin smooth and soft.
- It is expensive.
- Not recommended for tanned skin.
- Not advisable during pregnancy.
- May not be effective on very fine hair.
- Each session only removes hair that is growing.
- Can take several sessions before getting desired results.
Before undergoing any session for laser hair removal, make sure the clinic is reputable and know what they’re doing. A background check can save your pockets and your lovely skin!
Flawless skin suits perfectly with healthy nails! Check our tips to look more radiant than before.